Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £33,500 per annum
Hours: Monday - Friday 09:00 - 17:30
We are looking for a dedicated Purchasing Agent to join our procurement team. The Purchasing Agent reports to the Purchasing Manager and is responsible for our inventory and identifying new suppliers while still maintaining good relationships with current vendors. Responsibilities of the Purchasing Agent includes research of new products, goods and services.
To be successful as a Purchasing Agent you should be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals. Ultimately, an outstanding Purchasing Agent has a keen sense of business and maintains meticulous transaction records.
- Researching and comparing suppliers, goods, and services.
- Keep track of current inventory levels and assessing purchasing needs
- Selecting the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Requesting cost proposals and negotiating contracts and prices.
- Preparing and processing purchase orders.
- Maintaining records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments.
- Scheduling and verifying purchase deliveries.
- Building and maintaining positive, long-term supplier relations.
- Previous experience as a Purchasing Agent or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs is a bonus (training will be provided).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organisation and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.